Become a member of Kenmore Church of Christ
Members play a vital legal role in the life of the church by endorsing elders and budgets.
A simple process:
- Download and read the church’s Constitution and Statement of Faith. Members agree to comply with those documents, and the conditions of membership.
- Fill in the simple online form below, and we will contact you to arrange an interview with one of the church elders who will hear your story of faith in Christ.
- Elders meet to endorse new members, who are later welcomed in a Sunday church service.
Conditions of membership
(Constitution Clause 7.2)
- Persons eligible for membership of Kenmore Church of Christ are those who have publicly confessed faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and are endeavouring to live a life of conformity with the commands and teachings of the New Testament.
- To become a Member of Kenmore Church of Christ, an eligible person must have the desire to serve the Lord wholeheartedly in and through the Church, having through written request indicated this commitment to the Board of Elders and having been accepted into membership by them.
- Attends Member’s meetings unless it is impractical to do so.
- Attends Church services regularly (this would typically be at least monthly throughout the year) and contributes to the Church’s activities as God leads with their time, talent and resources.
- Members seek to uphold peace and unity in the Church by:
- Not taking part in subversive or divisive behaviour that seeks to promote their own position, ideology, beliefs or theology, and in doing so destabilises the Church.
- Honouring each person as valuable unto God, and living in biblical submission to leadership, peers and family.
- Following biblical process for any dispute resolution (Matthew 18:15-17)