Where are we headed and why?
More than ever, we need to create healthy churches that are about:
- Protecting and discipling our children to become thriving Christians;
- Full spiritual formation pathways that overflow into evangelism & mission;
- Development of a new generation of church leaders, with capacity to meet our new challenges.
So, we are working hard on these challenges, in particular to create:
How it will look:
Our plan over the next couple of years is to: Continue to build a vibrant, multi-service church that equips reproducing disciples, and resources other churches to do the same.
In the long term:
We plan to build a thriving local church that can plant and equip other churches as well. Many people are longing for vibrant mid-sized churches, but they are hard to find. We hope to address that.
Our present list of priorities is to:
- Create more opportunities for people to connect with each other
- Cement our missional place in our region
- Create an attractive space for Kids; Youth; and Young Adults - without diminishing the important environments for people of all ages.
With regard to development of people and churches, to create:
The Kenmore Church way:
Our primary mode of getting the job done: Filling hearts - Fuelling mission.
Values: (more here)
- People matter
- Lifelong spiritual journey
- A life of Spirit & truth
- Get it right - give it away.